Friday, January 25, 2013

Retaliation


I recently trusted someone with some personal property, money and friendship that ended up lying and stealing from me.  I truly believe this situation was a test from God to see how dedicated I am to living out my Christian faith in a real life situation. It's really easy to say we are going to walk in faith until people treat us unfairly. 

I wanted so badly to retaliate and find a way to "hurt" or make this person pay for what they did.  My dad initiated a response last night to this person that really touched me.   He informed this person that the money that was stolen from me would be considered a "love offering" from our family and to not worry about paying me back.  I can promise you that was VERY difficult for my dad to do but after I thought about his Godly response I followed his lead and realized this was definitely the best message to send to this person. 

Tonight I was reading 1 Peter and I came across this verse: Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:9. 

WOW....thank you God for this confirmation!!!!! I look forward to seeing how God blesses my dad for making this difficult decision to walk in faith.  So thankful for my mom's influence on my dad's response and my dad being a wonderful Christian man to witness to this person with his actions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment